10 Days Celebration: Friday, April 27
Explore local foods on and around campus by participating in a guided walk to Reynolda Village Farmers Market. You can dine all day on local cuisine in the Reynolda Fresh Food Company and the Magnolia Room.
Guided Walk to Reynolda Village farmers market
When: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Benson University Center circle
Meet a guide in the Benson University Center circle and walk together to the Reynolda Village Farmers Market. The market runs from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Fridays from April until October. Bring your local food home in a free, reusable “WFU <3s Farmers” tote bag. Supplies are limited.
Earth Day at the FFCo. – Farm to Fork Friday
When: Regular dining hours
Where: The Reynolda Fresh Food Company and the Magnolia Room
Enjoy locally-sourced food during lunch or dinner at the last Farm to Fork Friday of the semester. While you dine, take a minute to learn more about other sustainable initiatives in dining like the new composting program and the innovative, green cleaning methods used in campus dining locations.
Local foods to be featured in the Fresh Food Company and the Magnolia Room include:
- Sweet Potatoes – Ham Produce, Snow Hill, NC
- Strawberries – Cottle Farms, Faison, NC
- Salad bar items (wheat grass, alfalfa sprouts, bean sprouts, tri-colored cauliflower, tri-colored carrots, tri-colored grape tomatoes) Sunny Creek Farms, Tryon, NC
- Apple Cider with sliced apples, Henderson Farms, Henderson County, NC
- Whole Baby Carrots – Bolthouse Farms, Suwanee, GA
- Beef for Tacos – Grayson Farms, Scottsville, VA