Congratulations to our graduating interns from the Class of 2012. We look forward to watching them grow into sustainability professionals.

Carrie Stokes graduated Cum Laude with a double major in Anthropology and Religion and an Environmental Studies minor. She also earned honors in the Religion department. After graduation, Carrie will remain at the university where she will serve as the Wake Forest Fellow in the Humanities Institute. She served as the Earth Day intern for 2011 and as one of two Campus Garden interns this year. Additionally, she worked on the development of the campus Green Guide and assisted with the collection of data for the campus sustainability assessment.

Her reflection on her internship: I loved the variety of projects that I’ve been fortunate enough to work on over my past two years as an intern. It has truly been incredible to see the physical changes to the university as well as to the mindset of the campus culture.  However the most rewarding aspect of this internship experience for me was getting to be a part of such a supportive community. 

Ashley Suchoski graduated with a major in Mathematical Business and a minor in Spanish. After graduation, she will be moving to Washington D.C. to work as a Federal Analyst for Deloitte LLP. Ashley served as the Campus Carbon Inventory and Energy Conservation Campaign intern this year.

Her reflection on her internship: I learned so much as an intern for the Office of Sustainability; I am always sharing information with my friends in the hope that it will somehow motivate them to change their behaviors. This internship has also altered my career goals and incited in me a passion for creating environmental change. I will, without a doubt, leave Wake Forest in pursuit of a career in this field.