Are You a Champion?
Have you or are you preparing to facilitate a change to a sustainable practice on campus? Have you implemented a new sustainability initiative in your area? If so, you might be a winner!
On April 22, 2014 Wake Forest will host our inaugural Champions of Change award ceremony.
In March, we will accept nominations for awards that advance sustainability through:
- Resource Conservation (energy, water, or waste reduction)
- Nominations may include projects and efforts that have resulted in energy conservation, water conservation, waste reduction, or a combination of these areas.
- Academics and Engagement (teaching, research, engaged learning)
- Nominations may include classes with sustainability-focused learning outcomes, research in sustainability-focused areas, and/or opportunities to learn about sustainability through practical application.
- Service and Social Action
- Nominations may include service projects or campaigns that result in social and/or environmental justice outcomes for individuals and the communities served.
- Bright ideas (innovative ideas that have been or could be implemented)
- Nominations may include sustainability-focused projects, efforts, or ideas that are unique and innovative on the Wake Forest campus.
Nominations will be evaluated based on:
- the way(s) in which the nominee(s) has/have helped advance one or more of the WFU campus sustainability strategic goals,
- the level of participation by colleagues within the department or unit,
- measurable impact among constituents across campus or in the community served (students, faculty, staff, and/or community members) and
- any additional information or data available to support the nomination.
Nominate yourself or someone else by March 21, 2014 on this form. Please limit your submission to 1000 words or less.
We look forward to hearing about the work of all the inspiring change agents across campus.