Q. What should I do with my electronic waste?

A. It’s important to keep electronic waste out of our landfills. E-waste often contains heavy metals that can leach into the ground and water supplies.

Return all WFU computers by submitting an online service request for surplus pickup. Any computer cords and accessories can be deposited into the e-waste receptacles located in the ZSR Library and Benson University Center.

Personal e-waste, like cell phones, hand-held devices, and their rechargeable batteries can also be deposited into the e-waste receptacles. However, personal computers should be sent back to the manufacturer or taken to an electronics recycler like Goodwill.

CDs, DVDs, old audio/video tapes, and alkaline batteries should all be disposed of in the trash.