FAQ: Local food movement
Q. I’m a student who’s interested in the local foods movement on campus – how can I get involved?
A. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Join the Campus Garden listserv to keep up on food-related issues
- Attend the regular work hours in the campus garden
- Join the Dining Commission and channel the voice of the student body to our campus food service provider
- Volunteer with Campus Kitchen
- Educate yourself about the environmental, social, and economic issues surrounding food systems
- Vote with your dollars: ask where the food you’re eating comes from and make dining decisions based on the values that are important to you.
For more information about local food movement opportunities, subscribe to our listserv and keep an eye on the sustainability calendar!