Do you know an individual who has made an impact on campus sustainability at Wake Forest? Nominate them for a 2019 Champions of Change Award. This year’s winners will be recognized at the sixth annual Campus Sustainability Awards ceremony on Monday, April 1 at 4:00 p.m. in the Green Room in Reynolda Hall. All are welcome to attend and celebrate our award-winners at this ceremony that will kick off Earth Week 2019. RSVP here.
Nominations are due by 11:59pm on Wednesday, March 13. Award-winners and their nominators will be notified on Monday, March 18. All students, faculty and staff are invited to submit nominations.
We are seeking nominations for students, faculty and staff who advance sustainability through:
- Resource Conservation (energy, water, or waste reduction)
- Nominations may include projects and efforts that have resulted in energy conservation, water conservation, waste reduction, or a combination of these areas.
- Academics and Engagement (teaching, research, engaged learning)
- Nominations may include classes with sustainability-focused learning outcomes, research in sustainability-focused areas, and/or opportunities to learn about sustainability through practical application.
- Service and Social Action
- Nominations may include service projects or campaigns that result in social and/or environmental justice outcomes for individuals and the communities served.
- Bright Ideas (innovative ideas that have been or could be implemented)
- Nominations may include sustainability-focused projects, efforts, or ideas that are unique and innovative on the Wake Forest campus.
Nominations will be evaluated based on:
- The way(s) in which the nominee(s) has/have helped advance one or more of the WFU campus sustainability goals,
- The level of participation by colleagues within the department or unit,
- Measurable impact among constituents across campus or in the community served (students, faculty, staff, and/or community members) and
- Any additional information or data available to support the nomination.
Self-nominations are accepted. We look forward to hearing about the work of all the inspiring change agents across campus.