Get Involved with the Office of Sustainability
Depending on your level of interest, there are many different ways to work directly with the Office of Sustainability. Leaders of sustainability-related student groups gather twice a year to exchange information and coordinate their efforts.
- Volunteer Listserv – Be the first to know about volunteer opportunities
- Compost Crew – Students work to increase the percentage of food waste on campus that is composted and therefore diverted from the landfill at campus events. Students interested in getting involved with the Compost Crew should contact sustainability.wfu.edu.
- Green Graduation Pledge – Graduating seniors commit to sustainability after Wake Forest
- Greeks Go Green – Peer-to-peer education within Greek life at Wake Forest
- Plant-Foward Dining Committee – Join Campus Nutritionist Brooke Orr to brainstorm ideas, develop programs, and offer feedback and suggestions to help promote plant–forward dining.
- Sustainability Ambassadors – Student sustainability peer educators at Wake Forest
- Sustainability Internships – Available internships and application form
- Student-Athlete Sustainability Network – Varsity student-athlete sustainability peer educators
Student Groups with a Sustainability-Related Focus
Becoming a member of these student groups and organizations is another way to contribute to building a sustainable campus community.
- Sustainability Theme House – A chance for students to immerse themselves in sustainable living
- CommonPlace – Student organization at the Wake Forest School of Divinity
- Cultivate Environmental Consciousness – Student organization for those who want to engage with the global challenge of climate change & justice through conversations and actions
- Net Impact Club – The Wake Forest Schools of Business Net Impact group is inactive. If you are interested in re-staring a Net Impact chapter contact the Office of Sustainability.
- Outdoor Pursuits – An outdoor adventure program for students
- Campus Kitchen – A food recycling and service group
- Deacon Dining Connection – Student organization dedicated to influencing and discussing dining decisions at Wake Forest