- This event has passed.
May 10 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Magnolia Project kicks off with a two-day workshop (May 10-11) that will offer opportunities to extend research and teaching horizons across disciplines and create new networks with fellow colleagues. Following the workshop, faculty participants prepare discipline-specific course materials on their own over the summer. They reconvene in the fall to discuss their insights and experiences. Participants receive a stipend of $500 ($250 upon completion of the workshop; $250 upon completion of a new or revised syllabus).
Project participants agree to:
- Read some materials prior to the workshop
- Participate in the full 2-day workshop on May 10-11, 2017
- Commit time during the summer to prepare or revise a syllabus and submit it in August
- Report back to the group in the fall semester
Interested? Applications will be accepted until April 17.
- Send a short description (one paragraph maximum) of how you plan to change an existing course, or develop a new one, that will incorporate environmental and/or sustainability issues to Kim Couch at email@example.com. Please include your name, departmental affiliation, phone number and e-mail address.